The Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building) is designed to meet the needs of people working in the building industry and who aim to be builders and managers of small to medium-sized building projects.
This nationally recognised qualification will increase your knowledge and skills in the Residential Building Industry. This program helps develop skills in project supervision, building project management, building estimating and construction business management.
What You'll Learn
Graduates of this course will develop and display a range of skills to effectively and efficiently plan and execute the construction of residential & low rise buildings, focusing on the following core objectives.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
40-44 weeks, 1 x 5 hour class per week, plus 3x Saturday Site Sessions.
Learners will be expected to commit about 10-15 hours per week in their day-to-day workplaces to learn, practice and demonstrate the skills taught.
- It is required that learners be employed in a position in the construction industry that allows them to demonstrate application of process and management skills required by the program. Learners will need access to the internet for on-line research and activities.
- Learners must hold a White Card as evidence of their participation in the industry
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Students who believe they have sufficient past experience to demonstrate full competence against particular units may apply for RPL.
- Theory & knowledge assessments
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
- Project Work
- Workplace observations
- Workplace Supervisors’ reports
Learning resources will be provided including; training manuals, powerpoint presentations, You-tube clips, webinars etc.
About The Management Edge
Since 1982 The Management Edge has been a well respected and established training consultancy operating throughout Australia with head office in Melbourne. Over the past 30 years we have provided creative training and education solutions to many of Australia’s most prestigious public and private companies as well as governments in the ASEAN and Pacific Block.
Delivering over 35 nationally accredited qualifications, in business, management, logistics, manufacturing, mining and safety, we have established a reputation for delivery of quality workplace based training and improving workplace performance through customised programs and consultancy services. We now also offer a range of in-house and online training programs.
TME has also established international partnerships with offices located in India and China offering programs to international students.
The Management Edge is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 3927)