With this nationally recognised course, you will gain knowledge of structural principles, codes, standards and legal requirements, how to plan and supervise safe building and construction work, prepare and administer contracts, and apply quality principles to building and construction projects.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Construction supervisor
- Site manager
- Site supervisor
- Leading hand
What You'll Learn
- Apply building codes and standards to the construction process
- Manage workplace health and safety
- Supervise site communication and administration processes
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Apply building codes and standards to construction projects
- Produce building and construction cost estimates
- Create and prepare construction contracts
- Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 18-24 months
- Participants must be 18 years old or over
- World-class online learning platform designed to keep students engaged and learning effectively
- Study on any device – desktop or mobile
- Real-time trainer support using your choice of communication – online chat, email, phone call, or video chat
- Balance work, family, social life and study
- Structured Workplace Learning and Assessment (SWLA) is a compulsory part of the Certificate IV in Building and Construction qualification (CPC40120), facilitating the opportunity for you to apply your skills and knowledge gained throughout the course in a workplace environment
- You are required to complete your White Card certification before commencing practical placement, as would any worker on a construction site
- You must complete this outside of this course and must show/provide a copy of this to your Host Organisation prior to or at your induction in line with their induction/orientation policies and procedures
- Detailed information is included in the Student Guide to Structured Workplace Learning and Assessment (SWLA) which is sent alongside your free course guide
- Students of this course can complete a work placement at construction and building-related businesses, including building companies and construction companies
- This online course contains an eighty-hour work placement, which is embedded in five modules. Enrolled students need to obtain a white card (or a general construction induction card) before commencing the placement
About Swinburne Open Education
We're focused on helping more and more Australians achieve their career aspirations and ensure they’re prepared for future workforce needs.
The world is evolving during this Covid-19 Pandemic and education needs to evolve with it to ensure future workforce needs are met. There are many students currently putting off or pausing their education due to imposed safety constraints and economic uncertainty. We want to ensure that future workforce needs are met and that students can get the outcomes they aspire to, whether it’s a new job, a raise, or a career change.
When you study at Swinburne Open Education, you know your learning is in the best hands, with the education experience and prestige of our strategic partnership with Swinburne, and the commercial backing of one of the largest private education groups in APAC, UP Education. Together, we have built a world-class, online native learning platform, to help you reach your career goals – anywhere, anytime.
We support you to achieve your career goals, from work-integrated learning, though to work placement. We’ve partnered with industry experts that need people like you, now.
Swinburne University is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#3059)