Provide high-level administrative, strategic planning and operational support, and learn to manage and lead people effectively with this dual qualification.
This dual leadership and business administration course will train you in the key areas of operational planning, business finance, reporting, WHS, meeting and travel arrangements, communications and leadership and management.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Team Leader
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Leading Hand
- Project Assistant/Leader
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 24 months
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
- Studying this dual business administration and management certification will help you to build a solid set of in-demand administration skills, and to be a leader that people want to work for
- As a student, you will receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders (previously known as the Australian Institute of Management)
- IML membership at this level provides learners with many benefits such as access to e-newsletters, blogs, events, and online resources
- You’ll also receive a 12-month student membership to the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP)
- AIOP is the only national professional body for office professionals in Australia and current members include EA’s, PA’s, office managers, administrators and virtual assistants
- Open Colleges flexible online learning model means you control when and where you learn, and you make your way through your course at a pace that suits you
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Written Reports
- Plan to achieve team outcomes
- Lead team to develop cohesion
- Participate in and facilitate work team
- Liaise with management
- Create opportunities to maximise innovation within the team
- Organise and agree upon effective ways of working
- Support and guide colleagues
- Reflect on how the team is working
- Implement continuous improvement systems and processes
- Monitor and review performance
- Provide opportunities for further improvement
- Compile and analyse financial data
- Prepare reports
- Provide financial business recommendations
- Identify the context for communication
- Clarify message and engage communication
- Take follow-up actions
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)