This nationally recognised, Free TAFE course offers an entry level qualification for people with a passion for helping those in need, across the not-for-profit, crisis-support, government and community sector. If you’ve always wanted to explore a way to help others, and make a meaningful difference in their lives, this course will upskill you in areas such as crisis response, program coordination, group management and day-to-day support. Create a rewarding future making a difference to people’s wellbeing, learning about industry sectors including government services, community service work, and the not-for-profit community services sector. Make an impact on your local community with a community services course.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community support worker
- Homelessness worker
- Outreach worker
- Individual support worker
- Welfare worker
- Community development
- Recreational worker
- Family support worker
- Disability support worker
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 7 months, full-time
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the time of course commencement.
- Applicants are expected to have literacy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 and numeracy skills at Year 10 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 2.
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer.
- You must reside in Victoria to access Victorian Government Subsidised Fees and any incentive such as Job Trainer. Full fees apply to all non-Victorian residents.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)