Enter a field with ever-increasing demand, skills that can be applied to all business types and are required across the world.
Cyber security is still a field in which we have minimal skilled persons and much to learn about how we can control personal and professional security across cyber spaces.
Develop the technical skills you need to protect organisations against malicious cyber activity and seek work as a cyber security practitioner with a Certificate IV in Cyber Security from Asset College.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Cyber Security Support Officer
- Security Penetration Tester
- Information Systems Security Support Officer
- Network Security Support Officer
- Website Security Support Officer
What You'll Learn
This technician level qualification will provide graduates with the knowledge and a comprehensive set of technical skills that enables you to:
- Monitor the risk of cyber security attacks implement appropriate software
- Use a range of tools and procedures to mitigate cyber security threats
- Protect an organisation from insider security breaches
- Develop systems to minimise network vulnerabilities and risks
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Standard Online Delivery
- 1 unit per month for 12 months. Includes regular contact with a trainer. Should allow 20 – 25 hours per week to study
- For people with prior knowledge, skills or qualifications. 2 units per month for 6 months. Should allow 30 – 40 hours per week to study
Assessment Only / RPL
- For people with evidence of their extensive experience
- We aim to have all RPL assessments finalised within 12 weeks but it is usually much quicker. The actual timeframe depends on the course you are seeking RPL for, how long it takes you to supply the evidence and how long it takes us to verify your evidence
- You can complete our Free Skills Assessment right now to determine if this is the right option for you
- Asset College delivers this qualification completely online. For some courses, learning material is not able to be printed or downloaded by students into PDF or Word format for offline purposes. If you would like to discuss printed materials, please contact us prior to enrolment
- If you wish to customise your course, change your elective units or study load please contact us to request an individual learning plan
The number of hours outlined is a guide only and each individual will learn at a different pace. Students may request an extension or submit their assessments early as required to suit their individual learning needs.
- There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course. Prior IT and or networking experience or knowledge is not required but is an advantage
- You will however require intermediate English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Before commencing this course, you will be required to undertake an Online LLN ASSESSMENT. You can complete this higher level LLN test here now!
- If you are completing the course via an online or RPL delivery mode, you will need access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
About Asset College
Asset College is a leading provider of nationally recognised training Australia-wide. As an award-winning training organisation, we pride ourselves on making the study experience for our students, seamless.
Our trainers have decades of experience in their chosen industries, passing on their wealth of knowledge to their students through formal training.
We offer over 50 qualifications in areas such as marketing, project management, security and risk management, auditing, work health and safety and retail, plus more.
Our courses are available through flexible online study so you can develop your skills anywhere, anytime.
For those who already have experience in their chosen fields, we also offer Recognition of Prior Learning.
Because knowledge really is your greatest ASSET!
Asset College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31718)