- Government funding is available in Victoria for eligible applicants only.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Disability Support Workers
- Disability Officers
- Senior Care Assistant
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 2 days per week
- 9:00am – 3.00pm
- 26 Weeks in total
- Classroom face to face sessions led by a trainer
- Student learning material
- Practical experience in a simulated environment
- Collaborative learning – classroom discussions
- Supervised practical placement hours
Note: COVID-19 may impact classroom-based learning, online delivery will take place as needed.
Successful completion of a Certificate IV level Pre-Training Review as per the enrolment process.
- This course is designed to provide you with the training needed to enhance your continued education and employment prospects through the development of key industry skills and knowledge.
- You will have access to hands-on training in a simulated environment, well-preparing them for further success in their workforce.
- This course will enable you to gain practical experience working in an environment that cares for people with disabilities and provides you with opportunities to consolidate your learning.
- 120 hours within a disability environment
- Demonstration of knowledge through a combination of written, practical and verbal assessments
- Demonstration of activities in an appropriately simulated environment, in an appropriate range of situations
- Practical placement assessment in a facility that caters for people with a disability
About Australian Healthcare Qualifications and Training
Providing high-quality training programs, we identify the skills and needs of every student and train them accordingly. The experience of making the life of the disadvantaged as comfortable as possible is certainly a pride in itself. However, this job is highly demanding and requires much more than mere determination. For this reason, at Australian Healthcare Qualifications & Training, we offer top quality health care training programs, dedicated to shaping the future of individuals who want to make a difference in someone’s life.
Australian Healthcare Qualifications and Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 21436)