We’re ready when you are! Our class-based and blended programs are facilitated by experienced and qualified education support professionals with proven results. Take the next step into this satisfying career with strong employment prospects.
Successful completion of this qualification equips you with the skills and knowledge needed to provide professional and compassionate support to primary, secondary and special educational students in this rewarding sector. With our expert facilitators, quality resources, and clear, practical assessments you could be qualified sooner than you think!
What You'll Learn
- Support learning of students with disabilities in the classroom
- Work with students in need of additional support
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Work with diversity
- Comply with school administrative requirements
- And more
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- There are no specific entry requirements, however to gain maximum benefit, you will need to be able to speak, read and write fluently in English, as well as have basic computer and internet skills and reliable access. It is recommended that applicants have completed to at least a Year 11 secondary school level
- All applicants will be required to undertake a pre-training review, including an evaluation of existing language, literacy and numeracy skills
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- If you have already completed units in prior study, such as from the CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support or similar program, you can apply for RPL or credit transfer which may reduce your study time and fees
- Assessment tasks are practical and oriented to the work or placement context for relevance. They consist of a variety of tasks requiring the ability to research, analyse and present your responses in written form, including reports and practical demonstrations
- Feedback on the completion of tasks is given as you progress through the course. Your placement supervisor will also be asked to provide third party reports on your progress and feedback on your overall placement performance
- Class-based students: you will receive the textbook in your first sessions and comprehensive resources from your facilitator at each weekly session. Blended online/distance students: you will receive the first set of learning resources once your enrolment is confirmed, enabling you to get started
- These comprehensive resources will support your learning throughout your course and become an excellent point of reference for your future career.
- There are requirements for working and learning in the school sector that all applicants should be aware of prior to enrolment. As you must complete a placement in an approved, regulated early childhood education and care provider, you will be required to undergo a Working With Children check, as well as a National Police Check
- Please consider this information carefully prior to enrolment to ensure you will be eligible to fulfil these requirements, as Phillips Institute cannot be held responsible for the inability of any student to meet their practical placement assessment requirements which are a non-negotiable component of this program. For more information about these requirements, speak to one of our course advisors
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)