The CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support program reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision. This is an ideal qualification for working as a teacher’s aide or education support worker.
As part of this program, you will be required to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of industry (work) Placement in a Primary School, Secondary School or Special Needs School.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education worker
- Indigenous language and culture teaching assistant
- Education assistant
- Language worker / Literacy worker
- Education assistant (special needs)
- Education support worker
- Support worker (working with children with disabilities)
- Education worker
- Teacher aide / Teacher assistant
- Home tutor
- Homeland teaching assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Traineeship: Estimated duration 78 weeks
- Non-Traineeship: Estimated duration 52 weeks
Face to Face Training
In-person Classroom-Based training delivered at TMG College Australia sites. Face to Face delivery includes both theory and practical activities which are supported by structured Work Placement.
Structured Work Placement
There is a mandatory work placement requirement of 240 hours (minimum) to complete this course in a Community Service Delivery Setting.
TMG College Australia can deliver training and undertake assessments using facilities at a Students Workplace, or in a mobile manner (e.g. delivery at a regional/remote location for a specific period or for a specific training course).
Mixed Mode Training
A combination of various delivery modes. Also known as “Mixed Delivery” or “Blended Learning”. This includes Virtual, Face to Face and Workplace Based.
- There are no entry requirements for this Program however Students are required to undertake a Pre-Training Review and a Language Literacy Numeracy and Digital Literacy Assessment
- These will assist with determining suitability and relevance into course entry and identification of any support needs
- The ability to obtain a Working with Children Check – Working with Children Check & Police Check required for industry work placement
Over the course of this program we offer:
- Convenient and flexible learning
- Support and guidance
- Online collaboration
As part of this course, Students will be required to undertake a minimum 100 hour’s practical placement in a regulated environment (Primary School, Secondary School, Special Needs School).
Recognition Of Prior Learning
We provide Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) where student work experience or qualifications of an advanced and related nature have been undertaken. RPL result is subject to the quality and amount of the evidence submitted by the Student to TMG.
Assessment methods may include:
- Knowledge and Performance Evidence
- Direct Observations & Demonstration
- Role plays & Case studies
- Workplace Assessment
We provide Credit Transfer with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of qualification if the CT request is equivalent in content and learning outcomes with TMG’s matched qualifications.
About TMG College Australia
We understand how important it is to not only choose the right qualification for you, but also the right Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to enhance your learning experience.
For over 15 years, we have established ourselves as one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations by building trusted relationships with Students and offering career-boosting courses, dedicated Trainers, a strong Student support network and a great culture.
Our 60+ qualifications reflect current work practices, industry workplace expectations and offer flexible delivery modes to ensure you are job-ready after graduating. We have everything you need to enhance your study and career opportunities for the future.
TMG College Australia is a business name of The Malka Group P/L which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21694).