The course is designed for current engineering and fabrication apprentices, or qualified tradespeople. You may work within the metal, engineering, manufacturing and associated industries or at equivalent levels in other industries where engineering tradespersons work. In this course you will learn advanced post-trade level skills in Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMAW) – Plate and Pipe.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can attempt welding certificate 3E & 4 as issued by Weld Australia. Upon successful completion of WA exams, you will receive WA certification and a statement of attainment for units from MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Welding certification towards work projects
- Welding Supervisor
- Welding Inspector
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must have completed the Certificate III Engineering (apprenticeship) or possess an equivalent level of industry skills and experience
- Literacy & numeracy skills to at least Year 12 level or equivalent
- Participants will need to supply their own basic PPE (boots, safety glasses, hearing protection)
- Hands on work
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)