The SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness will allow you to become a fully qualified personal trainer.
This PT training qualification reflects the role of personal trainers who have specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups of clients, on a one-on-one or group basis to improve health-related components of Fitness in relatively low-risk situations, including training demographics such as older clients and adolescents.
They have substantial knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training, provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff, and deal with unpredictable situations by applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and the organisation.
This qualification will provide students with a substantial depth of knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training, provide leadership and guidance to clients and other staff, and deal with unpredictable situations by applying defined guidelines and procedures from the fitness industry and the organisation. In addition, this qualification will provide students with the skills and knowledge to work independently or with limited supervision.
A Personal Training Course with FIT College will provide you with the tools, support, and network to kick start your fitness and personal training career. Upon completion, you can register with the National Register for Industry Professionals AUSActive.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal trainer
- Children and older adult trainer
- Group fitness trainer
- Outdoor group trainer
What You'll Learn
- Learn to work within predictable and unpredictable settings such as a fitness facility, outdoor environments, and client centred studios
- Learn to provide individually tailored client assessments, long term programs, personal training, ongoing assessments and reviews
- Learn to work with a range of clients across a range of fitness and health-related goals
- Learn to develop, own and manage your own fitness business
- Learn to market, promote and adapt your fitness services
- Learn to employ and oversee other fitness professionals
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Entry to a SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness will require the completion of pre-requisites from SIS30321:
- HLTAID011: Provide First Aid
- SISFFIT001: Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- HLTWHS001: Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032: Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033: Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035: Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036: Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT040: Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
About FIT College
FIT College is a registered training organisation that began in 2009, offering accredited fitness courses to Sunshine Coast locals. This, in turn, fulfilled a need for qualified personal trainers for gyms in the area. We at FIT College are dedicated to ensuring our graduates are knowledgeable, work-ready and inspired to promote healthy and fit lifestyles. From that small local beginning, FIT College has grown to be a well-respected educator of fitness professionals in all capital cities and many regional centres in Australia and Internationally. Our fitness graduates continue to lead and inspire in a competitive world.
FIT College has expanded to include First Aid, Education, Business and Management courses to complement our fitness courses. First Aid courses are essential for all fitness professionals to maintain registration each year, and FIT College can help you stay up to date. These courses are open to all industries, not just fitness; however, adding a business or management course to your fitness qualifications could give you that extra edge when you move into the real world.
FIT College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31903)