This course will build on your previous study or workplace skills in medical administration to prepare you for a senior operational or team leading role in the health industry.
You will learn work health and safety, patient and inventory records, medical terminology, workplace and customer service skills, staff recruitment and induction, working with diverse people, medical software systems, MYOB, and advanced Word and Excel skills.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior medical receptionist/secretary
- Team leader in a medical office
- Administration assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time – 3.5 days per week
- Applicants must be aged 17 years or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written Assignments
- Observation Assessment
- Oral Assessments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)