It is expected that you will have successfully completed ICT30118 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology before you enrol in this course.
Are you looking to expand your skills and gain entry to the computer networking and cybersecurity field? Then this specialist IT course is ideal.
You will learn both theoretical and practical training in Cybersecurity, Design, installation and maintenance of local area networks, wireless networking, server software, network administration, and the ‘Internet of Things’. You can also study some units part time.
You will benefit from our strong industry partnerships with key IT vendors including CISCO networking academy and Microsoft Imagine Academy. You may also achieve vendor accreditations which are highly regarded in the industry including: Partial CISCO CCNA, Microsoft MCITP, Comp TIA A+, and Security+.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Computer technician
- Network administrator
- Network operations technician
- Network support technician
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Full-time: 6 months
- Part-time: 12 months
- Traineeship: as arranged with the employer
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be 17 years and over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Applicants will need to complete ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology and ICT40115 Certificate IV in Information Technology in the first year of this course
- You will then enrol in and study ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology concurrently in the second year of this course
- When undertaking the Traineeship you will work in the industry and learn your skills on-the-job with your employer
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)