We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring.
The business and management industry is one of the largest service industries in Australia. In fact, the outlook until 2025 is for over 98,000 new management roles to be added to the industry. This will mean new jobs and career opportunities for qualified managers with the skills to lead teams large and small.
This course will help progress your career to the next level. Learn transferable leadership skills, which will take you from team member to manager.
You will learn a broad set of management skills, which can be used in many industries, allowing you to graduate with numerous career opportunities.
You will graduate with two nationally recognised qualifications that can open the doors to a range of business, business administration, and sales management roles across a range of industries.
When you complete your first module, you will receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders and the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP), which will give you access to a range of benefits, such as events, and online resources. IML is a key industry membership organisation for managers at a variety of levels.
This course may serve as a path into further study, including advancing to the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management or BSB50120 Diploma of Business
Who's It For?
This course is ideal for people who have no management experience but want to move into leadership roles while also building the sound knowledge and skills required to work within a range of business roles.
The course is also perfect if you have recently stepped into management but have no qualifications and would like a strong set of skills to help you become a better leader.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Team Leader
- Assistant Business Analyst
- Assistant Security Analyst
- Business Development Analyst
- Coordinator (Business Operations)
- Distribution Centre Supervisor
- Freight Administrative Supervisor
- Frontline Sales Manager
- Line Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Sales Team Manager
- Team Leader
- Warehouse Team Leader
What You'll Learn
- Demonstrate leadership in the workplace, including how to lead and facilitate a team
- Write complex documents
- Coordinate business operational plans
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace and how to develop and use emotional intelligence
- Apply critical thinking to work practices
- How to lead effective workplace relationships
- Develop personal work priorities
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs
- Undertake project work
- Build and maintain business relationships
- Use digital technology to collaborate at work
- Organise meetings
- Implement and monitor sustainable practices in your workplace
- Implement customer service strategies
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Maximum of 24 months
- 26 hours of study per week recommended
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, but it is also recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note: students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email — these skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher · Have access to a modern computer with video/audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
- Multiple-choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Written assessments
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Practice activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)