This nationally recognised qualification is the go‐to course for emerging managers who are taking on a broader range of responsibilities in their business.
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead and support your team towards successful outcomes, and through the day‐to‐day challenges of working with colleagues and clients.
If you’ve developed strong technical skills and practical knowledge in your area of specialisation, complementing these skills with a management-based qualification can really build on your career prospects with both current and future employers.
Completing this course is an excellent entry point or step up into a new career by taking a practical approach to expanding your own leadership and management capability.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Following the recommended course progression, there’s a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete the qualification
- This qualification includes 12 units of competency (5 core and 7 elective) and is delivered over six teaching periods
- You will complete two units of competency over a 7 week teaching period. We recommend a two-week break between each teaching period to help you balance other commitments. Some students choose to progress more quickly through the course. It’s designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own time
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- All of our courses are delivered in English, if English is your second language you may need to provide results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Statements of Attainment and Qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by MiTraining and may be used as credit towards a qualification with MiTraining
Undertaking this qualification will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing required knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills in the workplace
- Workplace observation and reports
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
MiTraining is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 45183) offering short courses, nationally accredited qualifications and special interest workshops in business, management and leadership topics.
As a leading Australian provider of business and management skills training, our focus is to help people skill up and step up in their chosen field.
MiTraining Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45183)