This nationally recognised qualification is the go‐to course for emerging managers who are taking on a broader range of responsibilities in their business.
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead and support your team towards successful outcomes, and through the day‐to‐day challenges of working with colleagues and clients.
If you’ve developed strong technical skills and practical knowledge in your area of specialisation, complementing these skills with a management based qualification can really build on your career prospects with both current and future employers.
Completing this course is an excellent entry point or step up into a new career by taking a practical approach to expanding your own leadership and management capability.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
There’s a maximum of up to 2 years allowed to complete all units and assessments in the qualification.
The total time it takes to complete the course usually depends on your previous experience, how much time you have available between work commitments and the pace at which you prefer to study.
MiTraining recommends a study load of 10 weeks per subject (unit pair) which includes 2 weeks allocated to complete assessments. If a student progressed through the course using this study plan they could complete the course in 15 months.
To support you to successfully complete your chosen course you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Course delivery and materials are in English. If English is your second language talk to us about the required English Language Proficiency level for this course.
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Statements of Attainment and Qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by MiTraining and may be used as credit towards a qualification with MiTraining.
You may choose to undertake assessment, with the aim of obtaining a Statement of Attainment or Qualification. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing required knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills in the workplace
- The submission of Third Party Reports
As MiTraining course resources are delivered to students in an online format, students will be required to have access to the following resources:
- A desktop computer, laptop or tablet with suitable software
- One of the following operating systems on the computer or laptop
- Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8 or higher
- MACOSX operating system
- Reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 3mbps
- Current web browser version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari
- A personal email account that can be easily accessed
- The latest version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Pro LI and Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Office (version 2007 or later) that includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Video camera or recording device
- Access to an environment that is conducive to the delivery of practical components of assessments (this space should be able to accommodate up to 4 persons)
- Access to at least three persons who will be able to participate in any practical components of the course and assessments
- Printing and scanning capability
MiTraining is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 45183) offering short courses, nationally accredited qualifications and special interest workshops in business, management and leadership topics.
As a leading Australian provider of business and management skills training, our focus is to help people skill up and step up in their chosen field.
MiTraining Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45183)