Grow your career into a rewarding professional career with our Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015).
Our nationally recognised qualification builds upon the skills and abilities of emerging team leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts, whose role includes some supervisory or team leader duties such as leading a group project or assignment.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Team Leader
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- manage a straightforward project or a section of a larger project
- work with teams and individuals and take responsibility for standards of work, conduct and influence on others
- understand the need for a continuous process of review and improvement and apply that process across all aspects of the organisation
- promote teamwork by developing team plans to meet expected outcomes, leading the work team, and proactively working with the management of the organisation
- determine individual and team development needs and facilitate the development of the workgroup
- implement the operational plan by monitoring and adjusting operational performance, producing short term plans for the department/section, planning and acquiring resources and providing reports on performance as required
- advise on, carry out and evaluate customer service strategies, including the design of improvement strategies based on feedback
- implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area to meet legislative requirements
- identify risks and apply established risk management processes to a subset of an organisation or project’s operations that are within the person’s own work responsibilities and area of operation
- develop and establish plans for scheduling and monitoring own work performance and feedback and learning opportunities.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 7-8 hours per week over a study period up to 18 months.
- Individual students (online/webinars)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
- Entry is open to all applicants with a suitable level of workplace responsibility allowing sufficient opportunity to demonstrate competency through completion of tasks related to their job role.
- The attainment of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management will allow for articulation into higher awards including the Diploma of Business and the Diploma of Leadership and Management.
A combination of knowledge questions, work-related tasks and evidence portfolio, or RPL.