This qualification reflects the role of workers in the design, implementation and evaluation of leisure and health activities and programs for clients in one or more sector areas. Workers may be in residential facilities and/or in community agencies and day centres, completing specialised tasks and functions about leisure and health.
This course is delivered through workplace and distance in Victoria. Our experienced and supportive trainers will be with you every step of the way.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Lifestyle co-ordinator
- Leisure and health co-coordinator
- Diversional therapist
- Aged care activity worker
- Leisure and therapy assistant
- Disability officer– day support
- Activities officer
- Community leisure officer
- Leisure officer
- Recreation activities officer
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2.
- You need to provide a current national Police Check, or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible.
- Evidence of flu and COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an aged care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the learner’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 18 years’ experience educating over 35,000 learners.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)