Do you have creative talent? Kick-start your career in marketing and communication with Asset College’s Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication course. Working in marketing is fun and always fast-paced. Get in on the ground level with the transferable skills you need to succeed.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well-developed marketing and communication skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Direct Marketing Officer
- Marketing Research Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Officer
- Public Relations Officer
- Communications Advisor
What You'll Learn
- How to research and analyse the market
- Develop a marketing plan
- Apply digital solutions to optimise your time
- Promote a business
- Design and implement marketing campaigns
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
Standard Online Delivery
- 1 unit per month for 12 months. Includes regular contact with a trainer. Should allow 20 – 25 hours per week to study
- For people with prior knowledge, skills or qualifications. 2 units per month for 6 months. Should allow 30 – 40 hours per week to study
Assessment Only / RPL
- For people with evidence of their extensive experience
- We aim to have all RPL assessments finalised within 12 weeks but it is usually much quicker. The actual timeframe depends on the course you are seeking RPL for, how long it takes you to supply the evidence and how long it takes us to verify your evidence
- You can complete our Free Skills Assessment right now to determine if this is the right option for you
- Asset College delivers this qualification completely online. For some courses, learning material is not able to be printed or downloaded by students into PDF or Word format for offline purposes. If you would like to discuss printed materials, please contact us prior to enrolment
- If you wish to customise your course, change your elective units or study load please contact us to request an individual learning plan
The number of hours outlined is a guide only and each individual will learn at a different pace. Students may request an extension or submit their assessments early as required to suit their individual learning needs.
- There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course
- You will however require intermediate English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Before commencing this course, you will be required to undertake an Online LLN ASSESSMENT
- If you are completing the course via an online or RPL delivery mode, you will need access to a computer with Microsoft Office Suite, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
About Asset College
Asset College is a leading provider of nationally recognised training Australia-wide. As an award-winning training organisation, we pride ourselves on making the study experience for our students, seamless.
Our trainers have decades of experience in their chosen industries, passing on their wealth of knowledge to their students through formal training.
We offer over 50 qualifications in areas such as marketing, project management, security and risk management, auditing, work health and safety and retail, plus more.
Our courses are available through flexible online study so you can develop your skills anywhere, anytime.
For those who already have experience in their chosen fields, we also offer Recognition of Prior Learning.
Because knowledge really is your greatest ASSET!
Asset College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31718)