If you’re working in an entry-level role in marketing and looking to expand your skillset, the BSB40820 – Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication is a qualification that can provide you with the broad knowledge and skills needed to level up your career. Marketing goes hand-in-hand with business, so you may be in a role that isn’t marketing-focused, but have responsibilities that fall into that category.
Either way, this course will be beneficial if you’re looking to pursue the career pathway of Marketing Officer or Public Relations Officer, or simply want to get your foot in the door in the marketing field.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Marketing Officer
- Public Relations Officer
What You'll Learn
This qualification is comprised of units that will help you get the training needed to pursue the career pathways of Marketing Officer or similar. If you want to expand your industry knowledge and skills in marketing, this course will provide you with a great overview of key concepts that all marketers need to learn about.
It will also expand your skillset if you’re looking to gain a variety of skills in business and happen to want promotion in the marketing field.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Write complex documents
- Undertake marketing activities
- Promote products and services
- Build and maintain business relationships
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Ability to work in a team
- Develop excellent written and communication skills
- Developing rapport with customers and stakeholders
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Duration up to 18 months
As a guide, entrants to this program:
- Must be 18 years of age and have completed Year 10, or
- Have a qualification at Certificate III or higher, or
- Have 2 years of relevant experience, and
- Complete a course/suitability interview
Participants will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via:
- LinkedIn Learning
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing operational skills. These include:
- A modern computer with high-speed internet
- Access to a digital video recording device and/or digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to the Upskilled LMS.
- Chrome or Firefox browsers
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Software to view online videos and images such as Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, or Quicktime.
- Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to a scanner and associated software
Upskilled is Australia's pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)