If you are a plumber looking to specialise or complete your full Certificate IV qualification there are 11 short courses on offer that align to the licensing stream requirements set by the Victorian Building Authority (VBA) for specific plumbing licences.
To gain a VBA licence, you must complete three common units: Business, Estimating and Risk, and a specialist or stream unit/s which includes an external VBA exam per unit. To complete your full Certificate IV qualification you must complete 15 units – the three common units, and the stream you are undertaking.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Approximately 751 hours
- Attendance 1 night per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over at the time of course commencement
- Certificate III in Plumbing and eligible for plumbing registration
- Literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)