Learn skills in procurement and contract management to reach your career goals quickly with the PSP40616 Certificate IV Procurement and Contracting.
This nationally recognised qualification is perfect for those with no previous procurement training or who are moving on to a new career in contract management or procurement. For those that want an entry-level procurement certificate, then this is the place to start.
The PSP40616 Certificate IV Procurement and Contracting is designed to be practical, giving you the skills and knowledge you need to advance in the workplace. Our experienced trainers will help you develop a thorough grasp of the essentials of government procurement, contract management and how to procure goods and services to meet business needs. You’ll be able to tap into their extensive on-the-job experience across a broad range of industries, including government, to gain the strategies, insights and real-world examples you won’t find anywhere else.
Designed for maximum flexibility, this course allows you to study anytime, anywhere. Get a head-start with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and study at your own pace through distance learning. The best part is you can put your new skills into practice every single day of your course.
Who's It For?
This program is especially designed for those new to government or with an interest in working in government, in particular:
- Administration officers;
- Procurement/purchasing officers
- Contract administrators.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Procurement / Purchasing Officer
What You'll Learn
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Establish procurement needs;
- Procure goods and services through developing requests, receiving and selecting offers and administering contracts;
- Understand the values and principles of the public service and value diversity;
- Develop and monitor service to clients through developing, implementing and reviewing client service strategies;
- Gather and effectively analyse information from a range of sources;
- Apply government processes, support the implementation of policy and encourage compliance with legislation;
- Effectively use a range of advanced workplace communication strategies; and
- Identify and treat risks.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
18 months – distance learning (self-paced).
Estimated time allocations spread over the duration of the training are:
- Research and learning – 284 hours
- Work-based & Industry coaching – 96 hours
- Assessment collation, submission and feedback – 270 hours
The Transformed online learning platform provides ease of access from any device to study guides, materials and submission links. Course delivery is 100% online developed by Industry expert trainers who are current, qualified and industry certified in their fields.
The Transformed team will support you every step of the way with online, phone and email support, training literature, resources, videos (including webinars) and assessor contact.
No entry requirements for this program, however government work experience is desirable.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you already have workplace experience in procurement and contract administration roles in government, you may be eligible for RPL. This means you can complete your assessment by portfolio and interview.
You will need to provide substantial evidence of procurement administration and coordination experience, as well as evidence showing you understand and can apply skills and knowledge relevant to working in the government environment. You also need to provide a signed reference from a team leader or manager.
Talk to our team to find out if you are eligible for RPL.
- Lodgement of an up-to-date CV
- Completion of third party report
- Various work-based assessment tasks
- Completion of written question and answers
Complete 15 subjects (9 core and 6 electives).
PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
PSPGEN042 Exercise delegations
PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
PSPPCM004 Plan procurement
PSPPCM005 Develop and distribute requests for offers
PSPPCM006 Select providers and develop contracts
PSPPCM007 Manage contracts
Choose at least 1 unit from Group A. Choose the remaining units from Group B or elsewhere in the training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
Please note that not all electives are available via distance learning / online. Before enrolling, discuss your preferred selection of electives with Transformed.
Group A (Research and Analysis)
PSPGEN027 Gather and analyse information
BSBMKG408 Conduct market research
PSPGEN024 Use resources to achieve work unit goals
PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
PSPGEN039 Develop internal and external networks
PSPGEN076 Use public sector financial processes
PSPPCM002 Dispose of assets
PSPPCY001 Contribute to policy development
PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
Transformed is one of Australia's leading Registered Training Organisations. Our work has been recognised through dozens of awards and has been seen in the Australian Financial Review, BRW, The Australian to name just a few.
We have worked with some of Australia's leading government, private sector and not-for-profit organisations and with thousands of individuals, building skills and knowledge since 2006. Our qualifications are designed, developed and delivered by industry experts to deliver what is needed on the job. Enrol and study at any time, with our 100% online courses.
Want to get a promotion, get a pay rise or get your dream job? Get qualified with Transformed.
Transformed Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #88152).