The BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is designed for project team members and leaders of small projects with an interest in learning how to manage larger projects.
This course combines best-practice project management theory with practical examples of workplace application. It was developed by an Amazon best-selling author in sustainable project management as well as numerous international and Australian project management standards. Complimenting the outstanding course theory, Transformed’s team of experienced project managers and trainers have extensive on-the-job experience across a broad range of industries. They offer real-world examples to demonstrate how the practical application of theory can deliver outstanding outcomes.
Who's It For?
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice reflects the role of individuals who identify and apply project management skills and knowledge in a wide variety of contexts. They may be members of a project team but with no direct responsibility for the overall project outcomes. They support project operations in one or more roles and under direction may also use project tools and methodologies selectively to support organisational or business activities. They take responsibility for their own outputs in terms of organisational and project quality requirements, and may have limited responsibility for the output of others.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Coordinator
- Project Team Member
- Project Assistant
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assist to identify project objectives, deliverables, constraints and outcomes;
- Schedule project activities, including planning and monitoring;
- Produce a project budget and monitor expenditure with others on the team;
- Contribute to quality planning including applying quality policies and procedures;
- Determine human resource requirements, skill sets and achievement levels for project activities;
- Plan project communications, facilitate information flows including reporting;
- Assist with risk management;
- Contribute to procurement and contract requirements, contractor selection and management;
- Apply project controls throughout the project lifecycle; and
- Contribute to project improvement, lessons learned and finalisation activities.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
18 months – distance learning (self-paced).
Estimated time allocations spread over the duration of the training are:
- Research and learning – 284 hours
- Work-based & Industry coaching – 96 hours
- Assessment collation, submission and feedback – 230 hours
The Transformed online learning platform provides ease of access from any device to study guides, materials and submission links. Course delivery is 100% online developed by Industry expert trainers who are current, qualified and industry certified in their fields.
The Transformed team will support you every step of the way with online, phone and email support, training literature, resources, videos and assessor contact.
Participants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Employment in a project role
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Access to computer and the internet
Recognition Of Prior Learning
If you already have workplace experience in procurement and contract administration roles in government, you may be eligible for RPL. This means you can complete your assessment by portfolio and interview.
You will need to provide substantial evidence of procurement administration and coordination experience, as well as evidence showing you understand and can apply skills and knowledge relevant to working in the government environment. You also need to provide a signed reference from a team leader or manager.
Talk to our team to find out if you are eligible for RPL.
Students are required to undertake a number of assessment activities, including:
- Assessment tasks
- Written question and answers; and
- Provision of a portfolio of evidence.
Assessment for the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is against the project management competency standards within the Business Service Training Package.
The Certificate IV in Project Management Practice consists of nine units of competency, three (3) core and six (6) elective. Three of the six must be from Group A. The remaining electives may be from Group A or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV level or higher (not including BSBPMG522 Undertake project work)
BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques
BSBPMG410 Apply project time management techniques
BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques
BSBPMG412 Apply project cost management techniques
BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management approaches
BSBPMG414 Apply project information management and communications techniques
BSBPMG415 Apply project risk management techniques
BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures
BSBPMG417 Apply project life cycle management processes
BSBPMG418 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
Transformed is one of Australia's leading Registered Training Organisations. Our work has been recognised through dozens of awards and has been seen in the Australian Financial Review, BRW, The Australian to name just a few.
We have worked with some of Australia's leading government, private sector and not-for-profit organisations and with thousands of individuals, building skills and knowledge since 2006. Our qualifications are designed, developed and delivered by industry experts to deliver what is needed on the job. Enrol and study at any time, with our 100% online courses.
Want to get a promotion, get a pay rise or get your dream job? Get qualified with Transformed.
Transformed Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #88152).