The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 is the most current training and assessment qualification.
It is designed for anyone who wants to deliver nationally recognised training in the Vocational Education and Training sector. This includes formal training for organisations such as TAFE or private Registered Training Organisations, on-the-job training, enterprise training, and workplace assessments.
Who's It For?
Any qualified professional that would like to train and assess in their field of expertise.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- RTO trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to select appropriate training packages or courses and analyse and interpret the qualifications framework
- Learn how to unpack and contextualise a unit of competence
- Learn how to design and develop learning programs
- Learn how to design and develop assessment tools
- Learn how to address language, literacy and numeracy requirements and select and use resources and strategies to address requirements
- Learn how to prepare session plans and resources, facilitate training sessions, and support and monitor learning
- Learn how to organise and run assessment processes
- Learn how to prepare for and participate in validation • How to plan and undertake delivery
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
This course has both an online study component and workshop intensives — in-class on Fridays from 9 am to 5 pm for 14 weeks.
- Those entering this program must demonstrate competency in their proposed vocational area.
- Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
- Extensive industry partner network to connect you with potential employees
- Flexible, interest-free payment options
- Purpose built Online Cloud Campus – study anywhere
- 7 am to 7 pm – 7 days a week (AEST) education support with FIT College
- A team of expert tutors to help you through the course
- Scientifically based content is reviewed and updated every 6 months
- 12 months to complete each certificate
- 24 hours response to communication logs (often replied to quicker)
- 72 hours maximum marking time (often marked quicker)
- 3 x 40 min presentations submitted through an online portal
About FIT College
FIT College is a registered training organisation that began in 2009, offering accredited fitness courses to Sunshine Coast locals. This, in turn, fulfilled a need for qualified personal trainers for gyms in the area. We at FIT College are dedicated to ensuring our graduates are knowledgeable, work-ready and inspired to promote healthy and fit lifestyles. From that small local beginning, FIT College has grown to be a well-respected educator of fitness professionals in all capital cities and many regional centres in Australia and Internationally. Our fitness graduates continue to lead and inspire in a competitive world.
FIT College has expanded to include First Aid, Education, Business and Management courses to complement our fitness courses. First Aid courses are essential for all fitness professionals to maintain registration each year, and FIT College can help you stay up to date. These courses are open to all industries, not just fitness; however, adding a business or management course to your fitness qualifications could give you that extra edge when you move into the real world.
FIT College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31903)