There is an extensive demand for Work Health and Safety (WHS) professionals. This Certificate IV level qualification is the first step to becoming a Work Health and Safety Supervisor.
A career in work health and safety means opportunities. With us, you will get more than your usual WHS course. You’ll learn risk assessment and hazard control processes and how to manage WHS systems.
This course will assist you in gaining an understanding of relevant regulations and standards in Australia, incident response procedures and how to assist with incident investigations in the workplace.
This qualification applies to individuals working in a work health and safety (WHS) roles who provide a broad range of technical knowledge and skills and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification applies to those working as supervisors, WHS personnel, and workers in other WHS-related roles who manage risks effectively, apply relevant WHS laws, and contribute to WHS within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Work Health and Safety Coordinator
- Work Health and Safety Officer
- Work Health and Safety Representative
What You'll Learn
- Australian Standards and relevant regulations and legislation
- Risk assessment and hazard control
- WHS management systems
- WHS consultation and participation processes (identifying participants, reviewing procedures, ascertaining training needs, communicating data, developing improvement initiatives)
- WHS leadership skills
- Incident response procedures
- Assisting in incident investigations
- Managing claims and implementing rehabilitation / return-to-work programs
- Establishing, reviewing and evaluating WHS measures and initiatives
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Standard Online Delivery
- 1 unit per month for 12 months. Includes regular contact with a trainer. Should allow 20 – 25 hours per week to study
- For people with prior knowledge, skills or qualifications. 2 units per month for 6 months. Should allow 30 – 40 hours per week to study
Assessment Only / RPL
- For people with evidence of their extensive experience
- We aim to have all RPL assessments finalised within 12 weeks but it is usually much quicker. The actual timeframe depends on the course you are seeking RPL for, how long it takes you to supply the evidence and how long it takes us to verify your evidence
- You can complete our Free Skills Assessment right now to determine if this is the right option for you
- Asset College delivers this qualification completely online. For some courses, learning material is not able to be printed or downloaded by students into PDF or Word format for offline purposes. If you would like to discuss printed materials, please contact us prior to enrolment
- If you wish to customise your course, change your elective units or study load please contact us to request an individual learning plan
The number of hours outlined is a guide only and each individual will learn at a different pace. Students may request an extension or submit their assessments early as required to suit their individual learning needs.
- There are no formal prerequisite units required for entry into this course
- You will however require intermediate English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Before commencing this course, you will be required to undertake an Online LLN ASSESSMENT
- If you are completing the course via an online or RPL delivery mode, you will need access to a computer with Microsoft Office Suite, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection
About Asset College
Asset College is a leading provider of nationally recognised training Australia-wide. As an award-winning training organisation, we pride ourselves on making the study experience for our students, seamless.
Our trainers have decades of experience in their chosen industries, passing on their wealth of knowledge to their students through formal training.
We offer over 50 qualifications in areas such as marketing, project management, security and risk management, auditing, work health and safety and retail, plus more.
Our courses are available through flexible online study so you can develop your skills anywhere, anytime.
For those who already have experience in their chosen fields, we also offer Recognition of Prior Learning.
Because knowledge really is your greatest ASSET!
Asset College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31718)