Safety is a key component of successful, efficient and productive organisations. There are business benefits such as reduced workers compensation premiums, proactive risk prevention and the maintenance of compliant work environment.
This qualification sets you up for career success in a broad range of workplace safety roles across all industries and workplace contexts.
Who's It For?
This qualification applies to individuals working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who provide a broad range of technical knowledge and skills and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The Certificate IV in Workplace Safety is suitable if you are looking to further your career as a supervisor or for team members within a safety team or in other WHS-related roles.
The qualification gives you the skills to manage risks effectively, apply relevant WHS laws, and contribute to WHS within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Systems Officer
- Work Health and Safety Coordinator
- Safety Health
- Wellbeing Advisor
What You'll Learn
- Identify, interpret and apply WHS Legislation that aims to prevent injury and disease in the workplace
- Understand the obligations of employees and employers to maintaining a workplace that is both safe and complaint
- Identify hazards, assess risks, suggest controls and monitor effectiveness
- Interpret WHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- You can choose to shorten or lengthen the time you take to complete the course based on your availability and circumstances
- As an MCI Institute student you will have a full circle of support. Your goal is our goal and we are dedicated to you and your journey.
- You have direct access to a mentor at all times during MCI business hours
MCI courses don’t have exams! Students are required to submit assessments as part of the online course, these can be submitted at any time before the end of the course.
Even though you’re studying online, you’re never alone with MCI Institute! They offer students access to support teams who will make sure you’re on track with your studies and your wellbeing is in-check. From time management tips to how to increase motivation and even nutritional tips, MCI’s online support program will help you stay on track every step of the way to graduation day.
About MCI Institute
Open up the possibilities of your career! Earn nationally recognised qualifications valued by companies across Australia, gain practical skills based on what employers value and need in the workplace and access recognised credit towards a university degree.
We are an award winning registered training organisation specialising in supported online business courses. An industry leader in education technology and student support we offer you an engaging and immersive learning platform. Our experienced team provides you with a full circle of support for the duration of your study and will be there to celebrate when you reach graduation.
Management Consultancy International Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 91088)