- This course is eligible for JobTrainer in 2021
Are you looking for a career in Work Health and Safety (WHS)?
This course provides training for those either seeking to enter a WHS role or who are already working in some form of WHS capacity, such as a safety coordinator, in a workplace setting.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Work health and safety officer
What You'll Learn
The course covers a range of current and relevant WHS laws, processes, and systems that can be applied to a range of workplace settings. The course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to assist in the protection of people and property in a demanding sector.
This WHS responsibility means that you are:
- Analytical with a lateral and problem-solving mindset
- Can relate legislation or regulation to live conditions
- Capable of meeting study and assignment work requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 6 months
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated prior to course intake
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
This course can be undertaken:
- On-campus (up to 12 months).
- As a traineeship if employed in industry (up to 3 years).
- As a customised program delivered to groups on-site or in the workplace.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)