The Certificate IV Project Management Practice is aimed at those working in a project team or project environment. The Certificate IV provides the fundamentals of Project Management and equips participants to work effectively in the project environment as a project team member as well as the skills and knowledge required to manage small projects.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Team Member
- Project Coordinator
- Project Administrator
- Project Manager
What You'll Learn
Broadly the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice confirms to an employer your application of the following skills within a project environment:Communication, Teamwork, Problem-solving, Initiative and enterprise, Planning and Organising, Self-management, Learning and Technology skills.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
We provide students with the ability to complete the Certificate IV Project Management Practice over a one year period; however we find that the average time is between 3 to 6 months. During that time there is a large variance in the amount of time each student spends working on the qualification. Please contact our staff if you would like an estimate based upon your individual situation
Students are required to have access to a workplace, ideally to apply the project management principles, this may include a previous workplace, an understanding of the work environment is required. School leavers will not be enrolled into this qualification. There are two main pathways into this qualification :
- Relevant qualification – Ideally participants should hold a Certificate III in Business. However there are a number of other accepted qualifications from industry areas such as Business, Health and Safety etc. Many participants of this program are tertiary qualified professionals looking to migrate into a project role. If you would like to discuss your acceptance based upon your existing qualifications please contact our friendly team.
- Work Experience – Many students enter this qualification without holding an existing qualifications. As the programs are designed based upon the work environment, experience within that environment is an acceptable point of entry. In regards to the Certificate IV of Project Management Practice Management, this may include but not limited to experience within a project environment, or another technical field, this may be either as a team member, supervisor or leading hand. If you would like to discuss your acceptance based upon your existing experience please contact our friendly team.
Upon successful completion of 9 chosen units, participants will be awarded the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515). The Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is highly regarded as the industry standard in the recognition of those who have demonstrated the ability to work effectively within a project environment.
Participants will undertake learning to sharpen their skills (as per key skills section) as well as the opportunity to apply project management concepts to work-based situations. This will provide participants with the skills they need to work as effective project team members as well as the confidence to apply them in a practical setting.
The Certificate IV in Project Management requires the completion of 9 units. The following are those selected by Scope Training in consultation with industry. Alternative units can be selected, please contact our friendly team to arrange.
About Scope Training
Scope Training is a niche Registered Training Organisation based in Perth, working in close collaboration with diverse clients ranging from industries in Mining, Oil & Gas, Construction and the Public Sector. Our RTO Code is 52127. Scope does things a little differently to most training organisations, the main point of difference is that all the training development, delivery and assessment are conducted by subject matter experts. Where most organisations hire trainers, the consultants at Scope are industry experts with a demonstrated ability to pass on their skills, knowledge and experience.
Scope combines a highly qualified and experienced staff base to facilitate flexible Nationally Recognised Training across Project Management, Management & Business, Training & Assessment and Health & Safety. Scope offers training in two specific markets; the corporate training market, assisting organisations develop their staff as well as the individual market; assisting individuals improve their skills, careers and competitiveness in the employment market.
RTO Code : 52127