Our Certified Cybersecurity Professional course will prepare you for a career in an industry with 0% unemployment. This interactive online course will take you from zero industry experience to a job ready, front line Cybersecurity Analyst in less than six months.
The course includes three certifications from CompTIA, certifications which are accredited by the International Organisation for Standardisation and the American National Standards Institute (ISO/ANSI). Accreditation is a way of formally recognising certifications that meet a set of quality standards set forth by a governing body – meaning that they meet or exceed the global benchmarks set forth by these two governing bodies.
The combination of accreditation and through consultation with our Advisory Board of industry leaders, AIICT ensures that the course prepares you for the latest roles in cybersecurity.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
What You'll Learn
- The foundational skills required to understand networking as a base to start to explore the security measures required to protect them
- Key threats and vulnerabilities which organisations face on a daily basis and how to protect these and prepare in case of a cyber attack
- How to implement a sound network architecture to provide the best possible defence against cyber attacks
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 3-5 months, when averaging 10-20 hours per week
- The course will develop your foundational skills in Networking and IT to give you a sound understanding of the best practice
- On course completion, you will receive three certifications in globally-recognised CompTIA course content as well as an AIICT Certified Cybersecurity Professional certification
- This course offers integrated online learning at its best, with video content, online quizzes and demonstration labs
- Our online simulation partner will provide you with a platform to compete with your classmates in real-world simulation attacks
- You will have access to our Industry Partner Program, connecting you to the best companies currently hiring in cybersecurity
4 exams across three certifications – there are 2 exams for A+ – the exams must be sat in person
The Certified Cybersecurity Professional is made up of 3 Certifications.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. It is considered one of the IT industry’s top trade associations and has issued over 2 million certifications worldwide, in it’s 20 year history.
Each Certification is comprised of numerous courses. The Certification structure is outlined below.
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles.
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualised networks
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills one needs to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
- Analyse indicators of compromise and determine the type of malware
- Compare and contrast types of attacks
- Explain threat actor types and attributes
- Explain penetration testing concepts
- Explain vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install and configure network components, both hardware and software-based, to support organisational security
- Use appropriate software tools to assess the security posture of an organisation
- Troubleshoot common security issues
- Deploy mobile devices securely
- Implement secure protocols
- Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts
- Implement identity and access management controls
- Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organisational security
- Explain risk management processes and concepts
- Follow incident response procedures
- Summarise basic concepts of forensics
- Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operation concepts
- Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography
About Australian Institute of ICT
At The Australian Institute of ICT you get to study your way; from anywhere, at any time. Its industry-recognised qualifications aim for you to hit the ground running as soon as you graduate. Stretch your problem-solving skills with a forward-thinking course from the Australian Institute of ICT. These courses are taught by experts in their respective fields; they will share their skills and experiences from working in the IT industry and apply this to the concepts in your course. Together with your trainers, its Student Support Team will make sure you are supported each step of the way: guiding you through your subjects to lead you towards finishing what you started. You will also have access to a supportive online community of peers to fuel discussion over coursework and assessment pieces. You may be working remotely, but you’ll never feel alone.
Everthought College of Construction Pty Ltd (ECOC) trading as Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), RTO Number 51681