- This course is not CRICOS registered and is not available to Student Visa holders
If you are passionate about helping people reach their health and fitness goals and want to choose your own hours or be your own boss, becoming a qualified Personal Trainer is a great fit. Our SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + entry requirements Complete Personal Trainer^ program offers you an interactive hands-on approach to learning, giving you the knowledge and skills you need to assess clients and tailor exercise programs to reach their individual goals.
If you haven’t yet completed a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, this course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and competencies required to work as a Personal Trainer. You will start with the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness compulsory units before launching into the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. Learning from real fitness professionals, in real gyms, this course covers the fundamentals of fitness plus an understanding of the latest in healthy eating trends, motivational psychology and the essentials of small business planning.
Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with updates due for release in the coming year. Rest assured, completion of this course version before 9 November 2022 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to enquire now.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Your own personal training business
- Community fitness settings
- Personal training franchises
- Health clubs
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
Delivery Options and Length
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC: Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake this course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
First Aid Certificate
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness has a mandatory pre-requisites of holding a valid First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide first aid) before commencement. This qualification needs to
be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. AIPT acknowledges this is not the only Third Party Provider able to deliver accredited First Aid Training and students are encouraged to find the right provider for them.
- Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
- Flexible payment options – A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
- Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms – Designed to give you a most practical experience in a real gym environment.
- Largest network of industry partnerships – The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.
Graduate Placement Assistance
When you enrol in SIS40215Certificate IV in Fitness with select Goodlife Health Clubs, Genesis Fitness Clubs, Core 24 Health Clubs and Club Lime, you will be given the opportunity to work as an independent contractor in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation.
#Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Assistance. Graduate Placements are offered by AIPT’s participating partner gym network as an independent contractor, within six months of certification, on the fulfilment of certain criteria. Criteria include successful graduation from a Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215 or the Complete Personal Trainer^ program where the practical component has been completed at the relevant Partner Gym. The Complete Personal Trainer course incorporates both the core units of a Certificate III in Fitness SIS30315 and the Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215. Graduate Placement Assistance is only available at participating partner/ affiliate gym partners in selected locations. Additional terms and conditions (including registration and independent contractor fees) apply to the Placement. Please contact the participating partner/affiliate gym partner for this information. Final acceptance may be cognisant on a successful interview with the Third Party Gym over which AIPT has no jurisdiction.
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education, we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support - Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations - We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options - We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO - 32363)