Are you looking to start your nursing studies, but need to boost your general study skills, knowledge and confidence first? The Bridging into Nursing Studies (BINS) course is designed to help you approach the selection process for nursing with confidence.
What You'll Learn
This course will refresh your literacy and numeracy skills for the VETASSESS test and for further study in HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing). ~ The course has been specially contextualised for the nursing industry and includes sessions in:
• Maths and problem-solving
• Goal setting and education pathway planning
• Assignment writing
• Library and internet research
• Microsoft PowerPoint and oral presentations
• Advanced reading comprehension skills
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Full-time 6 months
- Part-time Flexible
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
- Portfolio of class work
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)