- This course is part of the Victorian Government’s Free TAFE initiative. Enquire now to see if you are eligible
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Licensed plumber – roofing (stormwater)
What You'll Learn
This course covers the roofing stream, which incorporates the following accredited unit from CPC40912 Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services:
- CPCPRF4011B Design and size roof drainage systems
This unit needs to be successfully completed to be eligible to hold this particular licence with the VBA.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Hoppers Crossing
In order to complete the VBA requirements and sit the licensing exam, you must hold either a Certificate III in Plumbing (trade certificate) or a degree in Engineering. If you are unsure of your suitability, please contact Customer Service who will put you in touch with the course coordinator.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
This course is delivered as a traineeship where you are employed in the industry and undertake your training in the workplace, supported by a Gordon trainer and assessor.
This course is predominately delivered in an online format that can be accessed at any time. This allows you to complete the unit at your own pace with support from our trainers and assessors.
You are required to attend one face-to-face session after enrolment for an introduction to the online system. These face-to-face sessions continue once per month, but attendance is not compulsory.
You can choose to enrol and attend at our East Geelong Campus or the Werribee Learning Centre.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)