- This course is part of the Victorian Government’s Free TAFE initiative. Enquire now to see if you are eligible
Are you a plumber looking to apply for one or more specialist plumbing licences?
In order to apply for a VBA licence, you must successfully complete three common units and a specialist or stream unit/s in a particular area (including an external VBA exam for each unit).
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Licensed plumber – sanitary
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Hoppers Crossing
In order to complete the VBA requirements and sit the licensing exam, you must hold either a Certificate III in Plumbing (trade certificate) or a degree in Engineering. If you are unsure of your suitability, please contact Customer Service who will put you in touch with the course coordinator.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
You can expect one night of on-campus attendance each week for 15 weeks (currently Thursday evenings).
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)