This course is only available to students in Victoria.
Are you interested in entering the composites industry?
This course will equip you with the core knowledge and practical skills you need to gain employment within emerging composite industries. It is an ideal way to gain hands-on practical experience using the latest composites and techniques used in the industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Entry-level role in the composites industry.
What You'll Learn
Our professional trainer will share his experience and expertise to ensure you gain the latest industry knowledge. Our partnerships with the region’s leading composite manufacturers may also provide a pathway to employment in the composites industry.
The course covers:
- WHS requirements.
- Composite material range.
- Interpretation of formulas and matrices.
- Interpretation of lay-up schedules.
- Practical wet layup – including vacuum techniques.
- Testing methods.
- Resin types.
- Chemical use in production.
- Manufacturing and finishing processes.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over
- Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
- Basic computer skills
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
Skills may have been gained through:
- Work experience
- Formal training and education (you may be eligible for a credit transfer)
- Informal training and education
- General life experience
- Voluntary work
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)