If you have a strong creative streak and love the idea of working in film, television or theatre, this advanced make-up course could be for you!
You will learn from experts working in film about design and application of make-up and hairstyling for performance and productions, special effects make-up, make-up for camouflage and photography, commercial make-up, basic skin analysis, project management, script interpretation, product and tool knowledge, safe work procedures when applying special effects products, and creating a complete design for film, television and theatre.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Freelance film and television make-up artist
- Session stylist and make-up artist for fashion
- Make-up designer for retail cosmetic house
- Bridal make-up specialist
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Full-time: 1 year
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
- Industry placement
- Collaborative designs
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)