This course is ideal for candidates currently working in bookkeeping and accounting roles, seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
Focusing on management accounting and reporting, this intermediate accounting qualification introduces students to a wide range of accounting and bookkeeping skills, including the provision of financial and business performance information, preparation of taxation documentation for individuals and the provision of management accounting information.
Mentor Education’s FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting is recognised and accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB). All Mentor Education students can apply for free ICB student membership (valued at $120) or an IPA (Institute of Public Accountants) student membership.
Who's It For?
This course is suitable for professionals currently in the industry in a bookkeeping or accounting role, looking to validate their existing skills and knowledge with a formal qualification. It is also suitable for those seeking to enter the industry in an accounting role in the future.
What You'll Learn
- Provide financial and business performance information
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Prepare financial reports
- Lead effective workplace relationships
- Prepare operational budgets
- Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
The total duration for the course is 785 hours which will be delivered over 12 months.
Mentor Education specialises in providing professional education and training services to you anywhere, any-time. We appreciate that learning needs differ for each individual and organisation, which is why we allow you to select the approach that works best for you.
Completion of the following units, or their equivalent, which constitute the requirements for the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
OR Completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent
OR Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent
OR Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Study online at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to achieve a nationally recognised qualification whilst also fulfilling your other life commitments.
Unlimited e-mail and phone support
Unlimited e-mail and phone support is provided by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, so you’re never left to feel ‘lost’ or stuck during your studies.
After enrolling into this program, you will have the option to receive student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) and free of charge.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers student membership
You will have the option to receive a complimentary Student Membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, valued at $120. This entitles you to the following services with the ICB:
- specialised student newsletter keeping you up to date with changes in the industry,
- student resources to assist you in learning more about working as a bookkeeper; and
- network meetings with industry professionals
Institute of Public Accountants student membership
As part of your Institute of Public Accountants student membership you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to IPA’s online Magazine Our Public Accountant Digital Hub
- Introductions to popular IPA Discussion Groups, held all over Australia, with top speakers on a range of subjects
- Invitations to events and networking forums with top accounting and finance leaders
Once you have completed your studies you will have a chance to upgrade your student membership to become a Graduate Associate of the IPA.
Assessment may include:
- Short Answer Questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
About Mentor Education
Established in 2003, we are Australia’s largest privately owned training organisation focused purely on Financial Services & Business training market. Many of our graduates currently work for Australia’s leading financial services institutions (including Big 4 Banks) and small businesses all around Australia. Building on the strong relationships we develop with learners completing our courses, our industry experts are available by arrangement to provide ongoing mentoring on an individual or organisation-wide basis.
Exemplary Student Support
With nearly 20 years’ experience, Mentor Education has gained an enviable reputation amongst financial and business services professionals as a result of its commitment to providing an exceptional student experience, professional training and assessment material supported by best of breed technology and a dedicated, passionate team.
Our commitment to you
Our commitment is exemplified by the high level of student support received - our industry experts and assessors are available to personally respond to your questions and offer constructive feedback and guidance.
Mentor Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21683)