The Diploma of Beauty Therapy course at TrainSmart Australia teaches a range of beauty treatments as well as skills and knowledge in how to successfully start and manage a Beauty Salon, Skin Clinic or Wellness Spa. Using quality products with well-known brands such as Dermalogica, La Clinica and Lycon, you will study traditional beauty treatments along with modern, on-trend treatments.
This course also explores the science behind the beauty treatments and why therapies are so successful.
Our beauty trainers have extensive industry experience and a passion for the beauty industry, priding themselves in developing and training exceptional beauty therapists. You will receive practical experience with clients under the guidance of our qualified trainers while you study face-to-face and online.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Beauty Therapist
What You'll Learn
In this course, you will learn knowledge and practical skills for a wide range of beauty treatments and services for both face and body including:
- Advance Facial Techniques
- Microdermabrasion and electrical equipment
- Skin Science
- Beauty Enhancements and Makeovers
- Spray Tanning
- Lash and Brow Treatments and enhancements
- Male and Female waxing
- Spa and Wellness Therapies
- Prescribing Skincare and Retailing
- Business Skills
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
12 months with the opportunity to extend.
This course is delivered through an online blended module. In Perth, you will attend our CBD Campus 1 – 3 days a week (Depending on Full Time or Part Time), and in NSW, VIC and QLD, you will attend our Beauty Therapy Workshops every 6 or so weeks.
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
You will study online at your own pace. Assessments are by way of written, practical and oral assignments. Full trainer/assessor support is available throughout your studies, with access to our Student Clinic (Perth Only).
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)