This course is designed to meet the needs of people working in the building industry whose intention is to become a Registered Building Practitioner, satisfying the education requirements of the VBA.
It is specifically designed for learners from a trades background who have already completed the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (CPC40110), and who can demonstrate a commitment to taking another step in their career pathway. It requires learners to be actively engaged in the construction industry so they can demonstrate the practical aspects of the course in their worksites.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
1 x 5 hour class per week, plus 4 x Saturday Site Sessions.Learners will be expected to commit about 10-15 hours per week in their day-to-day workplaces to learn, practice and demonstrate the skills taught.
- CPC40110 Cert IV Building & Construction (Building). Learners who do not meet this pre-requisites will be required to undertake an additional 4 units of study over 13-14 weeks.
- A current CPCOSH1001A – Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card) certification is also required.
- Learners must be employed in a position in the construction industry that allows them to demonstrate an application of the process and management skills required by the program. Learners will need access to the internet for online research and activities.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Students who believe they have sufficient past experience to demonstrate full competence against particular units may apply for RPL.
- Theory & knowledge assessments
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
- Project Work
- Workplace observations
- Workplace Supervisors’ reports
Learning resources will be provided including; training manuals, powerpoint presentations, You-tube clips, webinars etc.
CPC50210 Diploma of Building & Construction requires completion of 18 units of competency.
About The Management Edge
Since 1982 The Management Edge has been a well respected and established training consultancy operating throughout Australia with head office in Melbourne. Over the past 30 years we have provided creative training and education solutions to many of Australia’s most prestigious public and private companies as well as governments in the ASEAN and Pacific Block.
Delivering over 35 nationally accredited qualifications, in business, management, logistics, manufacturing, mining and safety, we have established a reputation for delivery of quality workplace based training and improving workplace performance through customised programs and consultancy services. We now also offer a range of in-house and online training programs.
TME has also established international partnerships with offices located in India and China offering programs to international students.
The Management Edge is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 3927)