- This course is eligible for JobTrainer and Free TAFE in 2021
This course gives you the qualification and skills to become a construction supervisor or manager, specifically in medium-sized construction companies.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Building works supervisor
- Registered builder domestic (unlimited)
- Registered builder commercial
What You'll Learn
You’ll develop the latest building industry skills to plan and coordinate the construction of medium-rise residential and commercial buildings.
The course covers a range of techniques and skills expected by the industry, and to work alongside other building and construction professionals including:
- Construction theory
- Contract administration
- Supervision skills
- Quality and risk
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence that they have completed Year 12 or they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure their level of competence meets the Year 12 level.
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture) / Bachelor of Construction Management
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)
- Bachelor of Construction Management
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
Skills may have been gained through:
- Work experience
- Formal training and education (you may be eligible for a credit transfer)
- Informal training and education
- General life experience
- Voluntary work
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)