The nationally recognised BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Business Development) qualification is appropriate for any role that has a business service component. The business development specialisation is focused on fostering relationships to create opportunities and drive growth.
Business development managers are trend trackers and opportunity seekers. People working in these roles identify and map business strengths to customers’ needs to develop growth strategies and plans. They manage and nurture relationships with customers, attend networking events, research prospects, and follow up on leads to increase their client base. Strong business writing and communication skills are needed for the development and presentation of proposals, and negotiation of contracts.
During the online course, you will learn how to build and maintain relationships, organise business meetings, undertake project work, manage business and financial plans, and evaluate marketing opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager or Executive
- Business Development Representative
What You'll Learn
- Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Lead communication in the workforce
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage organisational customer service
- Drive sales results
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- Customised study schedule to suit work and life commitments
- Simulated business scenarios to get you practising on the skills
- Easy-to-use online campus portal with around-the-clock access to industry-leading education
- Dedicated support from an experienced mentor and wellbeing advisor
- Mobile study from anywhere with an internet connection
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Recognition of prior learning is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning). If you think you have sufficient evidence to show that you have the skills, knowledge and experience to prove competency in one or more units of competency, please contact us
About MCI Institute
Open up the possibilities of your career! Earn nationally recognised qualifications valued by companies across Australia, gain practical skills based on what employers value and need in the workplace and access recognised credit towards a university degree.
MCI is an award-winning, education provider, proudly taking home 33 awards in the last 18 years, including placing on the 2020 AFR Most Innovative Companies List. They make education within your reach through supported online delivery so you can study anywhere, anytime, to achieve your career goals. Our experienced team provides you with the support for the duration of your study and will be there to celebrate when you reach graduation.
Management Consultancy International Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 91088)