Kick-start a career in the business world. Be equipped with the knowledge and skills to seek a career in middle management in business, office or administrative environments. Acquire business skills such as delivering customer service, maintaining financial records and producing business documents. Students with little or no vocational experience will be able to develop the practical skills necessary to enter the workforce or create further educational opportunities. For students with experience, this qualification will help to improve your career prospects by allowing you to further develop your skills over a wide range of business functions.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Frontline Manager
- Team Leader
- Administration Manager
- Business Development Manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
This course is delivered over 52 weeks (including 12 weeks of holidays). Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week + a self-study component.
Full-time studies require students to attend a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
Completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
Upper-intermediate level of English OR IELTS Test Score of 5.5 OR other recognised English Language tests such as:
- TOEFL iBT Test Score of 65
- PTE Academic Test Score of 42
- Cambridge English: FCE
- OET D Grade
- TOEFL PBT Test Score of 513
- TOEIC 605
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
VET Student Loans
Stanley College offers this course under the VET Student Loans framework for Local Students Only. Students must be aware that VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and that a VET student loan gives rise to a VETSL debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid.
Local Students may be entitled to Youth Allowance, Austudy/Abstudy or the Pensioner Education Supplement.
Upon completion of the BSB50120 Diploma of Business, you may pursue the BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management at Stanley College, a bachelor’s degree at Stanley College, or selected bachelor courses at universities.
To achieve the Diploma of Business, you must complete 12 units.
About Stanley College
Stanley College is a comprehensive Teaching Institute of Higher Education with over 13 years of experience. We provide English language courses, vocational training, bachelor's degrees and professional year qualifications equivalent to TAFE and University degrees in Australia.
Our integrated approach to education and partnerships with Industry allow students to acquire the skills and knowledge they need for their chosen career by ensuring they are job-ready.
Eligible Australian Students pay nothing upfront with available Government Funding.
Stanley College offers:
- Flexible class schedules.
- Personalised learning and small class sizes with attention from experienced teachers.
- A curriculum relevant to today's workforce needs
- State-of-the-art facilities with our cafe, bar, restaurant, commercial cooking and creche areas.
- Quality student support services, including counselling & financial assistance.
Stanley College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #51973).