Become accredited with this comprehensive course that will teach you how to understand people’s problems, background and circumstances and to counsel them on the areas they are struggling with. This 12 month course is divided into three specialisations: Case Management, Social Housing, and Statutory and Forensic Child, Youth and Family Welfare.
This Case Management specialisation gives you skills that allow you to be involved in the managing, coordinating and delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. These valuable skills will give you the confidence to access and review information on emerging industry developments; and give you the confidence to use these new skills to improve your service practice.
Students in this course will learn to assess and support the needs of the people in our communities. You will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and learn how to recognise and respond to crisis situations. As part of the course, students will also be required to undertake 100 hours of practical placement in a community services environment.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community worker
- Welfare worker
- Case manager
- Early Intervention Worker
- Family support worker
- Youth worker
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 24 months
- 100 hour of work placement
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via:
This qualification requires a minimum of 100 hours to be completed in a community services Environment, supervised by qualified staff.
Upskilled will secure your work placement, ensuring we can provide an environment in which you can be successful in the course. During your placement, an Upskilled workplace assessor will visit you to observe you performing some of your assessment tasks.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Upskilled is ready to help you leverage previous study and relevant work experience to accelerate your progress towards a Nationally Recognised qualification.
- Summative and formative assignments
- Written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- Scenarios and/or case studies
- Written/oral questions
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to research information about compliance and ethical practice responsibilities, and then develop and monitor policies and procedures to meet those responsibilities
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to monitor and support workers
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to coordinate multiple service requirements for clients with complex needs within a case management framework
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to formally represent the interests of service users
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to review the developmental status of a client
Upskilled is Australia's pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)