- This course is eligible for Jobs and Skills WA – Lower Fees, Local Skills Subsidy funding
RECEIVE UP TO 97% OFF THIS COURSE!*
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) is designed for people who are passionate about working with individuals and communities as a Case Manager or Caseworker.
Working as a Case Manager entails supporting individuals and organizations dealing with disabilities, mental health problems, drug and alcohol addiction, homelessness, and family violence. Oftentimes, Case Managers will handle multiple clients at once who require immediate support. To work in this role, case management skills are essential to lead and coordinate complex cases and client requirements.
By studying the CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) you will gain skills that specialise in managing complex and challenging caseloads. During this course, you will learn how to develop and implement individual support programs, manage and coordinate service programs, work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and organisations, and recognise and respond to crisis situations.
This Diploma Community Services qualification requires 100 hours of work placement in an appropriate organisation to apply the skills you’ve learned. TrainSmart Australia will assist you to identify a suitable organisation, or you may nominate an organisation of your choice.
*Discount available in Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Case Coordinator (Community Services)
- Community Housing Workers
- Senior Youth Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Disability Team Leader
- Housing Assistant
- Aboriginal Neighbourhood House Coordinator
What You'll Learn
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) will give you specialist knowledge and competencies in several key areas related to the Allied Health industry. In this course, you will learn how to:
- Promote the social, emotional and physical well-being of your clients
- Learn how to respond to crisis situations (domestic violence, trauma patients)
- Provide wellness plans to clients
And much more!
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 with the opportunity to extend
This course is offered either:
- Online delivery includes practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Purpose Practicals service
- Face-to-face at our Perth CBD Campus
Prior to being enrolled into the VSL eligible course, TrainSmart Australia must reasonably believe that the applicant is academically suited and displays competence for the course requirements including meeting any of the set entry requirements. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate of education; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that was delivered as a part of the AQF (Australian Qualification Framework) that can be verified by the issuing organisation or the USI (unique student identifier) transcript or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy. TrainSmart Australia must also reasonably believe that the student displays that competence
You may be required to complete a Bridging Course if you do not meet the above academic suitability criteria or at the request of our career advisory team.
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time.
- You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums
- There are 100 hours of work placement required for this course. We have a Work Placement Coordinator who can assist you in finding work placement
- Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face
- TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)