- This course is eligible Free TAFE.
This nationally recognised, Free TAFE course offers the chance to build on your existing Community Service qualifications, and advance your career in the community service sector. You will gain highly regarded, and much needed skills in providing direct support to individuals or groups, managing and coordinating service programs, working collaboratively with diverse people, and learning to recognise and respond to crisis scenarios. You’ll have the chance to make a difference in the community too, with workplace placement and acquire a practical understanding of government services, community service work, and the not-for-profit community services sector.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Services Case Manager
- Pastoral Care Counsellor
- Case Coordinator
- Family Services Coordinator
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 21 months
- Full-time: 15 months
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants must be able to provide their Year 12 certificate OR evidence that they have completed a Certificate IV or above level, otherwise they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Working with Children Check & Police Check are required for industry work placement
200 hours of supervised placement is required in this course, organised by The Gordon. Placement will be over 7-10 consecutive weeks. A current police check and approved Working with Children’s Check is required. *Please note that you may be required to travel outside of your usual training location to attend placement. This may include other regional areas or suburbs of Melbourne.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
- Team projects
- Case studies
- Role Plays
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)