- This is a fee-for-service program
Community workers advocate for the rights and well-being of individuals and communities.
There’s an increasing need for people to work in community roles to deliver and manage services for both individuals and groups. The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services equips you with the necessary skills to deliver services in social support, housing and a variety of other community-based areas.
In our Diploma of Community Services course, you will learn skills to be able to advise, support and help various groups and individuals from varying backgrounds and circumstances. It is crucial for you to know how to assess clients’ needs and direct them to appropriate services to meet their needs. You will be equipped with the right strategies and skills to assist, nurture and promote someone’s well-being.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Development Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Welfare Worker
- Disability services
What You'll Learn
Our CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services course covers a range of content including; Community Development, Ethical Compliance, Manage Stressors, Promote Diversity, Respond to Crises, Service Programs, Support Processes, Community Work and more.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
- 12-16 months with the opportunity to extend
- Online delivery includes practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Purpose Practicals service
- Blended delivery mode includes a mix of face-to-face classes in Perth, WA and online learning
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
There is 100 hours of work placement required for this course. We have a Work Placement Coordinator who can assist you in finding work placement.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
To find out if you are eligible to apply for RPL please fill out an Enquiry Form.
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
This community services course requires 100 hours of work placement in an appropriate organisation. TrainSmart Australia assists to identify a suitable organisation or the student may nominate an organisation of their choice.
You will learn how to communicate effectively with members of the community and to develop programs for clients from differing backgrounds. You’ll also look at work and safety and how to manage stressful situations, as well as counselling techniques.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)