Harness your compassion and talents and pursue a rewarding career with our CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services to further build upon advanced skills in emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills, required to thrive in this challenging and rewarding sector.
You will gain a sound understanding of the legal, ethical and compliance environment in which the community services sector operates, understand the needs of clients, and gain the skills to effectively and appropriately develop holistic care plans for clients and client groups.
Our qualification is designed with some volunteer or work experience in the community services sector and will help build the formal skills and knowledge required to thrive in professional roles in the community services.
Community Services is one of the fastest-growing sectors in Australia, with more than 69,000 new jobs for Community Workers and Community Support Workers anticipated between 2018-2023 (joboutlook.gov.au).
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Youth Worker
- Indigenous Liaison/Officer
- Aged Care Worker
- Community Services Worker
What You'll Learn
Upon successful completion of the CHC52015 CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services, graduates will be able to:
- understand the legal, ethical and compliance environment in which the Community Services sector operates
- understand the developmental needs of clients and client groups
- utilize advanced emotional intelligence, counselling and communication skills
- develop holistic care and case management plans for clients and client groups.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The estimated time to complete the course is:
- 28 hours per week over a study period of up to 2 years
- Study online (including webinars, online tutorials and virtual group work)
Some units include a requirement for evidence of at least 100 hours of work within a community services workplace.
- Year 12;OR
- Certificate IV level qualification; OR
- Language, literacy, and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working as a Community Services Manager or Team Leader; OR
- 3 + years of RELEVANT work experience; Or
- 5 + years of ANY work experience, You will also be required to undertake at least 100-hours of work experience in a community services organisation
The attainment of the CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services will allow for:
- articulation into higher awards including a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the University of New England (UNE) School of Health.*
*Applications must address UNE Program entry criteria. Enrolment fees are set annually by the UNE. UNE Partnerships is currently in the process of negotiating recognition with other peak bodies and community services organisation.
This qualification includes a combination of knowledge questions, assignments and assessments, practical demonstration of tasks in the workplace or simulated work environment. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may also be available.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years of experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training organisations specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly-owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry-relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses that can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)