This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialized skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Care Manager
- Coordinator of Volunteer Work
- Team Leader
- Care Team Leader
- Family Services Coordinator
- Support Facilitator (Community Services)
- Community Program Coordinator
- Pastoral Care Worker
- Assistant Community Services Worker
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 52 weeks including public holidays and school holidays. There are 16 units of competency to complete, with electives chosen to improve your employability skills in the sector
2 delivery options are available:
- Real-Time Virtual Classroom
- Online Delivery
- Prospective students must be at least 18 years of age
- To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for the individual needs, Angel Institute will conduct a Pre-Training Review
- Required to complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment, administered by and to the satisfaction of Angel Institute
- This course requires students to complete a minimum of 120 hours of work placement. Angel Institute of Education will endeavour to find the placement centre close to the student’s residential location. Placement will be completed under the supervision of the centre’s supervisor
- Work placement assessment task needs to be completed for each unit which has a placement component
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process where skills and knowledge that you have gained through work and life experience and other unrecognised training can be formally recognised
- Angel Institute of Education has a process that has been structured to minimise the time and cost to applicants and provides a supportive approach to students wishing to take up this option
- You should ideally apply for RPL at the time of enrolment, but you may also apply up to 2 weeks into your course
- During the entry process and interview stage Angel Institute of Education will discuss with you the process and options for RPL. Suitability is often determined on how much experience you have in a certain area, your work history and previous training
- If RPL is determined as a possibility for you, you will be provided with a kit that will guide you in working through each unit to determine relevant skills and experience and identify whether you would be able to provide the required evidence
- A trainer/assessor will be available to assist you throughout this process.
- This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible individuals
- Payment plan available
- Written questions
- Case studies
- Role Plays
About Angel Institute of Education
Angel Institute of Education has been in operation since 2008. We are a nationally accredited training provider with our qualifications being recognized by leading industry associations worldwide.
We offer a wide range of nationally recognised qualifications in hairdressing, childcare, individual support and English as an Additional Language. Our primary aim is to provide quality educational services to guide the students towards the path of success.
Our training programs are aligned with skills first program objectives in enabling students to obtain the required skills to make them job-ready, assist individuals to undertake further education and enabling access to training for disadvantaged learners. All our training programs are aligned to provide training services in the best interests of students.
Students are taught to be creative in their learning and innovative in their practices so they stand out amongst the rest. Our classes are small, and our course delivery is structured and tailored to meet student needs. Our standards are set high so our students graduate with the best possible skills and experience to help them employment and longevity in their desired industry.
We aim to provide personal attention to every student, maintain a realistic student to teacher ratio and interview prospective students to ensure that we have a healthy mix of dedicated students who are serious about wanting to learn and excel at their new craft.
Angel Institute of Education is a trading name of CJAE Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22115).