The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services provides students with the knowledge and skills to work in the community services sector in residential and community settings.
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services program reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers. You will learn how to manage, co-ordinate and/or deliver person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. With our flexible learning approach, we blend both practical and theoretical elements.
As part of this Program, you will be required to undertake a minimum of 240 hours in a Community Service Delivery Setting.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Traineeship: Estimated duration of 156 Weeks
- Non-Traineeship: Estimated duration of 104 Weeks
- Intensive Course Delivery Options available
Face to Face Training
In-person Classroom-Based training delivered at TMG College Australia sites. Face to Face delivery includes both theory and practical activities which are supported by structured Work Placement.
Structured Work Placement
There is a mandatory work placement requirement of 240 hours (minimum) to complete this course in a Community Service Delivery Setting.
TMG College Australia can deliver training and undertake assessments using facilities at a Students Workplace, or in a mobile manner (e.g. delivery at a regional/remote location for a specific period or for a specific training course).
Mixed Mode Training
A combination of various delivery modes. Also known as “Mixed Delivery” or “Blended Learning”. This includes Virtual, Face to Face and Workplace Based.
- There are no entry requirements for this Program however Students are required to undertake a Pre-Training Review and a Language Literacy Numeracy and Digital Literacy Assessment
- These will assist with determining suitability and relevance into course entry and identification of any support needs
- The ability to obtain a Working with Children Check – Working with Children Check & Police Check required for industry work placement
Over the course of this qualification we offer:
- Convenient and flexible learning
- Support and guidance
- Online collaboration
240 work placement hours (or currently working in the industry and can provide documented proof of working hours and area of placement). Students must have the current Working With Children Check prior to the commencement of their work placement.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
We provide Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) where student work experience or qualifications of an advanced and related nature have been undertaken. RPL result is subject to the quality and amount of the evidence submitted by the Student to TMG.
Assessment methods may include:
- Projects / Research Reviews
- Direct Observations & Demonstration
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Simulated work place activities
- Workplace Practicals
- Log Book/third Party Report/References
- Case Scenarios
We provide Credit Transfer with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification, if the CT request is equivalent in content and learning outcomes with TMG’s matched qualifications.
About TMG College Australia
We understand how important it is to not only choose the right qualification for you, but also the right Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to enhance your learning experience.
For over 15 years, we have established ourselves as one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations by building trusted relationships with Students and offering career-boosting courses, dedicated Trainers, a strong Student support network and a great culture.
Our 60+ qualifications reflect current work practices, industry workplace expectations and offer flexible delivery modes to ensure you are job-ready after graduating. We have everything you need to enhance your study and career opportunities for the future.
TMG College Australia is a business name of The Malka Group P/L which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21694).