RECEIVE UP TO 97% OFF THIS COURSE!**
There is a growing need for people who can offer support services to adults and teenagers who may need support and guidance. If you have the desire to help people lead a happier life to reach their full potential, a career as a professional Counsellor could be a fulling career path for you.
The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling will equip you with knowledge and understanding to provide professional help as a counsellor, to diverse groups and individuals. The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling course enables you to work in a variety of settings providing counselling services to others.
You may work with clients in various settings including mental health, drugs and alcohol abuse, family and domestic violence, housing, adolescent development, and parenting and relationships.
In our Diploma of Counselling course, you will learn how to recognise and respond to crises situations, develop and facilitate positive counselling relationships, apply core counselling methodologies to assist clients and much more.
**Discount available in Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- School Counsellor
- Guidance Officer
- Community Services Worker
- Support Worker
- Case Worker
- Pastoral Care Worker
- Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- Youth Worker
- Welfare Worker
What You'll Learn
The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling course covers a range of content including; Counselling Relationships, Counselling Theories, Interviewing Skills, Cultural Safety, Respond to Crises, Case Management, Grief Support, Domestic Violence and more.
- Social Perceptiveness – Understanding why people react the way they do
- Questioning – Asking the ‘right’ questions to understand people and the core of the issue
- Active Listening- Listening to others, what’s being said and how it’s being said
- Critical Thinking – Identifying central issues and different ways to solve a problem
- Active Learning – Being able to use what you’ve learned to solve both current and future problems
- Building Rapport – Forming connections by talking to others in an empathic, fully engaged manner
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 16 months with the opportunity to extend
- Online blended, with face-to-face classes in Perth CBD; or
- Fully online, with practical assessments delivered through video conferencing and TrainSmart’s Purpose Practicals service
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
To gain the Jobs and Skills WA subsidy you must reside in WA and meet the eligibility criteria below:
- You are an Australian Citizen
- You hold a subclass 309, 444, 785, 820, or 862 visa
- You are a partner or dependant of a holder of temporary Visa subclass 457
- You hold a Bridging Visa E (subclasses 050 and 051) with a valid application for a visa sub-class 785 or 790
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time.
Along with meeting the eligibility criteria, if you’re located within the Perth Metro area you will be required to attend face-to-face classes. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
- To study this course, you will have access to our online learning management system, LearnSmart, to access all your course material and assessments
- Our face-to-face classes provide a fun and interactive setting to learn and develop your skills alongside like-minded students
- TrainSmart Australia students also have access to our Purpose Practical Studio service, to complete practical assessments
- Purpose Practicals provides our students with a safe environment to demonstrate practical counselling skills within a simulated environment. Our studio is also equipped with videoconferencing equipment to support E-counselling sessions for trainee counsellors
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- TrainSmart Australia students are eligible to apply for RPL. This will be conducted with a trainer through a series of interviews and document collation
- Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face
- TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)