- Entry to this qualification requires learners to hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Unlocking Your Potential with a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
This nationally recognised diploma offers you specialised knowledge and skills required to work in regulated children’s education and care services. Whether you’re looking to start your career in long day care centers, family day care, pre-schools, or kindergartens, this course will equip you with the skills you need for daily work.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Room leader
- Educational leader
- Childcare centre director
What You'll Learn
- Techniques that foster the participation of all children
- Build a collaborative alliance with the families of the children
- Facilitate adherence to rules and regulations in a children’s education and care service
- Support the development of creativity in children
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 24 months
- Online with structured workplace learning and assessment
- Entry to this qualification requires that learners hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (superseded).
- Students must be 18 years of age or above.
- Eligible for Australian and New Zealand Residents and Citizens only.
- World-class online learning platform designed to keep students engaged and learning effectively
- Study on any device – desktop or mobile
- Dedicated trainer support using your choice of communication – online chat, email, phone call, or video chat
- Balance work, family, social life and study
About Swinburne Open Education
We are focused on helping more and more Australians achieve their career aspirations and ensuring they're prepared for future workforce needs. We support you to achieve your career goals, from work-integrated learning, to work placement. We’ve partnered with industry experts that need people like you, now.
Swinburne Open Education courses are delivered and assessed by UP Education, one of the largest private education groups in the Asia-Pacific. All qualifications are nationally recognised in Australia and are awarded by Swinburne University of Technology.
Together, UP Education and Swinburne University of Technology have established Swinburne Open Education – a world-class, online native learning platform, to help you reach your career goals, anytime, anywhere.
Swinburne University of Technology is a registered training organisation (RTO 3059)