This qualification provides you with the practical skills and knowledge to draw and design the necessary specifications an engineering workshop needs to manufacture goods. This course develops on your existing knowledge in how to produce different engineering graphic designs, select and apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment and select common engineering materials.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Engineering project officer
- Engineering development officer
- Engineering estimator
- Engineering technical officer
- CAD drafter
- Control systems engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 2 Years
Students undertaking an apprenticeship.
Students undertaking an apprenticeship under state funding are required by the relevant state funding authority and need to:
- Be employed in an industry workplace;
- Have access to workplace equipment as part of their training and assessment; and
- Have access to workplace Supervisors as part of their training and assessment
- Outsource requires that fee-for-services students must be employed with access to a workplace, but they do not need industry experience. There is no need for students to have access to a Supervisor, and they could in fact be Supervisors themselves.
- Pre-requisite units or qualifications
- There are pre-requisite units that students must hold prior to undertaking particular units in the qualification. Those units are listed on the qualification information page on training.gov.au
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. After enrolment, you’ll need to contact Student Support so they can arrange a dedicated trainer to assess your eligibility for either RPL or CT
- This course contains a blend of both theory and practical assessments. When completing the theoretical questions, you will be answering questions that require your own thoughts and input from the concepts covered. You’ll also work on scenario-based projects and have the opportunity to build your own portfolio containing digital assets (photography, audio, video, text), which can be used when applying for jobs and/or demonstrating professional competency
- To ensure that you’re able to seamlessly access our online learning and assessment materials you’ll need access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. You’ll also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed
Further study & education pathways
- University pathways with Southern Cross University, Griffith University, University of Southern Queensland
Please note the packaging rules: The minimum requirements for achievement of the MEM50212 Diploma of Engineering – Technical are: Completion of the five (5) core units of competency, and Fifteen (15) elective units, to bring the total number of units to twenty (20) Elective units must be selected as follows: Up to eight (8) general elective units from the list in Group A At least seven (7) specialist elective units from Group B, to bring the total number of elective units to fifteen (15) Note that when selecting elective units any prerequisite units must also be completed. Note that prerequisites can only count towards the number of electives required if they are listed in the groups below (refer to units for details). Three (3) appropriate Group B electives may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available for inclusion at the Diploma level.
About Outsource Institute (AUS)
Outsource Institute is a fully Australian owned Metals and Engineering training provider (RTO- registered training organisation) the learning environment we use is your workplace.
Having partnered with industry for over 20 years, we are at the forefront of what skills and knowledge is needed in the metals and engineering sector and we make it our business to deliver it both directly and through industry partnerships with Weld Australia, Custom Fluid Power, SMC Corporation (Australia) Pty Ltd and Workforce Success.
These established industry partnerships offer a complete solution to all your needs in:
WELDING SUPERVISION TICKET 10, AS 1796-2001 PRESSURE VESSELS AND AS 2214-2004 STRUCTURAL STEEL
WELDING CERTIFICATES TICKETS 1 TO 9 AS 1796-2001
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY
MOBILE PLANT TECHNOLOGY
HEAVY COMMERCIAL VEHICLE MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY
Specialised skill sets
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
Outsource Institute of Technology Pty Ltd is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31560)