Are you working in a field of horticulture, and would like to take your career to the next level?
This course equips you with comprehensive knowledge and a range of higher-end plant skills to prepare you for supervisory and management positions. It is suitable for people with previous experience or qualifications in the horticulture industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Horticultural manager in area of specialty.
- Senior botanic gardener.
What You'll Learn
This course comprises 10 units of study, which you may choose according to your experience, career goals, the qualification rules, and overall demand.
The course coordinator will discuss your subject selection with you prior to course commencement.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Part-time (1 evening per week)
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants must have completed a Certificate III or IV in a related field, and/or possess relevant industry experience.
- To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
You will be required to provide:
- Personal protective equipment – sunscreen, hat, covered shoes, sun protection, and inclement weather clothing.
- Sensible clothing.
- Pens, pencils and paper.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)